Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Big Letdown

Well, I've officially been let down on one of my most important forays -- that of the web variety. So, it's off to find another web designer who can deliver. Meanwhile, I'm staying very optimistic about my prospects -- a big thanks to my fabulous colleague Renee who gave me $10 today! And, I was connected to a few inspirational people over the past few days who I feel are destined to help me make this thing happen.

In thinking more about how I fashion the Chateau for maximum usability and fun, I'm really interested to see how I can take a potentially 200-year old building and make it sustainable. A new client (and one of the sources of inspiration noted above) had me over to their house to see how they've retrofitted a Grant Park bungalow to reuse grey water, planted a garden in the side yard, installed a wind turbine. Cool stuff! I'm not much of a dirt digger, but the garden really had me thinking - and once I ate the stuff they gave me, it made me realize how crummy most grocery store produce truly is. How tres chic would it be to have a green Chateau!?

No comments: